The skin care experts of one of the leading beauty and wellness destinations that stock plethora of Beauty Products Online says that even if your hands are suffering from acute dryness and roughness, the damage can be cured by simply including few homemade remedies in your everyday beauty routine. Every single day our hands suffer the brutalities of bad weather, lots of water, dirt, chemicals, and the sun. The main reason that our hands become cracked, rough and dry is a comprised outer layer of the skin. The epidermis, the outermost layer of the skin, provides a waterproof barrier that holds onto moisture and naturally moisturizes and nourishes itself. But due to the increased exposure of skin to weather, water, dirt, chemicals and the sun, the outer layer of the skin gets comprised and becomes inefficient in holding moisture. The more the skin is damaged, the more it becomes prone to environmental pollutants and UV radiation, which only amplifies dryness, roughness, and aging.
Makeupbarr has put together few homemade remedies to rejuvenate overworked and damage induced skin.
Olive Oil: This kitchen ingredient has been used for curing skin troubles since ancient times, all the credit goes to the infamous Cleopatra who was an epitome of beauty and vitality. Packed with anti-aging antioxidants and hydrating squalene, olive oil is ideal for hair, skin, and nails. It is a known and widely used remedy for keeping skin soft, supple and moisturized.
- Warm up some olive oil and massage your hands for 5-10 minutes with it twice a day daily and enjoy soft smooth and supple hands.
- Prepare a mixture of olive oil and fine sugar in equal proportions and blend well. Rub the mixture on your hands in light circular motion for 2-3 minutes. Let it stay for 5 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Apply moisturizer afterward. You can use this scrub 2-3 times in a week.
Vaseline and Socks: Yes, this home remedy for curing dry and rough hands only requires Vaseline or any other petroleum jelly and a pair of socks. Petroleum jelly has the tendency of locking in moisture and curing hands with acute dryness or roughness. Before hitting bed just wash your hands with a mild soap, massage your hands with some petroleum jelly for about a minute and simply slip the socks over your hands and doze off. Next day, wake up to soft, supple and smooth hands.
Oatmeal and Honey: Oatmeal is a widely used exfoliating and cleansing agent enriched with rich anti-oxidant properties that help in curing the acute damage done to the skin due to pollution, UV rays, and chemicals. The level of proteins in Oatmeal helps lock in moisture and keeps the skin rejuvenated and moisturized.
Ingredients you’ll need
- 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of honey
- Water to make Paste
What to do?
- Mix the ingredients in the said proportion in a bowl and blend well to make a paste. You can also add freshly squeezed limewater in it as an alternative to water.
- Rub the paste on your hands for about a minute or two.
- Let it stay for about 10 minutes and rinse the paste off with warm water.
We are looking forward to hearing some of your favorite homemade remedies for curing dry and rough hands. Just leave your comments in the box below.